Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What song today?

I think it's funny that, depending on the day, sometimes you just want to listen to sad songs. Well, for obvious reasons, I can't speak for you but I can say that there are some days that I just don't want to hear the upbeat "Happy-Go-Lucky" songs. Or even upbeat songs altogether.


However, that being said, I do believe that you are the only person that has control over your mood. If you choose (I do mean to put a slight emphasis on the word "choose", however you might have missed that because I am not reading this to you... you are reading it to yourself. Confusing? Yes.) to listen to sad songs, your mood becomes sadder. If you are feeling a little blue and choose to listen to a happier song and try to get into the song (You know what I mean... breakout the mirror/hairbrush combo, your singing along. Enthusiastically singing along, I might add) then I think your mood can be changed. But only if you choose it.


Songs have an effect on the human mind that I have yet to comprehend. I do think that music is amazing though and I sometimes wonder what will come out of my saxophone if I really try to make pretty music.

I don't know what is coming out of my generation, music wise. Mostly because I'm an ignorant part of that generation. Some of the adults in the world now seem to want to abrogate the music that is being inculcated upon us.
(Yes, I do like to randomly whip out cool words like abrogate and inculcated)

I hope that music continues to be made. Mostly for selfish reasons of my own, the first of which being... I really like music.

No comments:

Post a Comment